Scuba Azores – discover the big blue!
Diving in the Mid-Atlantic
The islands of the Azores are shaped by the peaks of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, surrounded by the endless deep blue.
The archipelago forms a meeting place for rich marine life. Deep-sea currents transport nutrient-rich water from the depth. Microbes thrive and the food pyramid explodes. Therefore whales, dolphins, sharks, turtles, Mobulas and pelagic fish are abundant in these waters.
The Azores are well-known for whale and dolphin watching for many years, but the islands have only recently been discovered for excellent diving and encounters with sharks. Visibility of 50 metres, close encounters with blue sharks in groups of often more than 15 animals, mako sharks that inquisitively check out the divers or Mobulas up close gathering around deep-sea mounts in large groups…
You can be assured that this is definitely a special experiences for every diver!
We’ll see you at Scuba Azores!
News from Pico
- Pico Sport on Dutch TV show 11/11/2015
- Swimming with dolphins is a great experience. 14/10/2015
- 45 Minutes with Mako and Blue sharks 13/10/2015
- Time for sharks. 05/10/2015
- Great news from Holland. 02/10/2015
- We had a great dives. 30/09/2015
- This is how close it gets… 26/09/2015
- We love Mako Sharks 06/09/2015
- Thanks to Frank Wirth-Pico Sport! 04/09/2015
- A Day trip to Princess Alice Bank 02/09/2015