Sharkweeks Maxi – The offshore banks around the Island of Pico offer excellent opportunities to dive with sharks at terrific sighting distances. The blue sharks and mako sharks approach the divers up to arm’s length. The programme is combined with a diving day at one of the best dive spots in the world in the Middle Atlantic, at Princess Alice Bank. Here you dive with shoals of Mobulas and pelagic fish. Furthermore you snorkel with dolphins and observe the whales of the Mid-Atlantic.
Our experience showed us to be as flexible as possible. In the Mid-Atlantic we sometimes have to deal with weather conditions which do not allow us to reach the offshore banks. This is why it is necessary to plan the trip for 14 days. However, the summer month are quite stable.
01.07.2017 – 15.07.2017
15.07.2017 – 29.07.2017
12.08.2017 – 26.08.2017
26.08.2017 – 09.09.2017
- 14 overnights in a double room in a guesthouse in Madalena (single rooms and alternative accommodation on request)
- Transfers from/to Pico airport or ferry port
- 1 diving day with 2 dives at Princess Alice Bank
- 3 dives with blue sharks, mako sharks or hammerhead sharks
- 2 diving days with 2 dives each at the best coastal sites of Pico
- 1 excursion for whale watching
- 1 excursion for snorkelling with dolphins
- German-speaking tour guide, guides trained in biology, certificated shark guide
- 8 participants per group
|Sharkweeks Maxi||€ 1.349,-||Per person|
|Sharkweeks Maxi- single supplement||€ 149,-|
Please find a summary of all rates for diving programs here.
Kontakt und Buchungsanfragen
If you wish to book a programme or require more details, please feel free to contact us here. The team of Pico Sport/Scuba Azores will be happy to assist you.
The weather policy
All our programs at the Azores are strongly dependent on weather and sea conditions. Usually the weather during the summer month is very stable, the Middle-Atlantic is even known as a region of calm. However, there can be troughs and storms which are incalculable. In case of cancelled dives due to weather conditions we offer alternative activities which we charge against accordingly. Boat trips or dives which are cancelled until the end of your trip are credited for a new trip or we refund a part of the payed amount.
Photographer credits: Joe Bunnie, Michael Webersberger, Nuno Sá, Rob van Loew, Dr. Erich K. Ritter.Top